Do not panic! This is not another article by some success guru outlining the steps needed to position your group travel business on the top of the heap. As a matter of fact, I do not think I even know the definition of success these days. Does it have to do with wealth? Health? Position? Fame? Status?
What I am going to do is to share my six views on being the best you can be, which I believe will help make your group travel business shine. And although there may not be an exact formula to accomplish this formidable task, there are six hints worth mentioning.
- Diet and nutrition play a major role in how we perform our daily duties. Specific nutrients provide the necessary building blocks for a healthy immune system. If you are not well, you can not function at the competitive level demanded by today’s marketplace. If you are not 100% up to speed, you are going to lose.
- You will be working in the right direction if you begin minimizing your sugar intake while maximizing your water consumption. Concentrate on portion control. In other words, start eating less at each meal while making an honest attempt to increase the number of smaller meals to say, five per day.
- A good sense of humor is the number one attribute you should cultivate. It has been quoted a million times that it is not so much as what happens to you, but how you respond to what happens. If you can tell me the #1 worry of yours 24 months ago (how about 12 months ago?), then maybe I am barking up the wrong tree. If not, I am here to tell you that life just is not as bad as many people make it out to be.
- But attitude is more than fun and games. It involves speaking your mind. Circling yourself with fun people. Actually loving your current situation and acquaintances. If what you are currently involved with is not working for you, make a change.
- Nothing compares to that gratifying sensation you get after a good workout. The feeling is from the release of endorphins, which induce the sensation of pleasure and contentment. I know how difficult it is to pry that bod off the couch. In fact, the older the couch, the easier it is to lodge your out-of-shape frame into a no-go situation. Well, whether you buy a new couch or ask your significant other to give you a boost, it is time to get yourself moving.
- How about a 20-minute walk at lunch? Or taking the stairs? Or parking in the farthest spot from the malls front door? You get the idea. Anything that involves movement that you are not doing now is a move in the right direction.
Follow these tips and you’ll be in the right frame of mind to boost your group travel business. For more advice and insider tips, subscribe to the InSite e-newsletter and Leisure Group Travel magazine.