Who needs alcohol to have fun on vacation?
We know that planning a trip with friends can be exciting, but for those in recovery or choosing to live a sober lifestyle, it can also be a challenge. That’s why we’re here to share our tips and resources for making the most of your journey without compromising your sobriety.
Unique Experiences for Sober Travelers
When we plan our group trips, we aren’t afraid to think outside the box and try something new. There are plenty of unique experiences that cater to sober travelers and offer a different perspective on your destination.
Some ideas for sober travel experiences include:
- Meditation retreats: Take a break from the hustle and bustle of travel and immerse yourself in a peaceful and rejuvenating experience.
- Cooking classes: Learn about the local cuisine and culture while creating delicious dishes without the need for alcohol.
- Outdoor adventures: From hiking to kayaking, there are endless opportunities to explore nature and challenge yourself physically while staying sober.
Why Traveling Sober with a Group Can be More Fulfilling
Traveling with a group of like-minded individuals who are also committed to sobriety can enhance your journey in ways you may not have thought possible. Not only will you have a built-in support system, but you’ll also have the opportunity to form deeper connections and create lasting memories.
The benefits of sober travel in a group include:
- Accountability: With a group, you can hold each other accountable and provide support for each other’s sobriety.
- Shared experiences: Traveling and exploring new places with others can create a strong bond and a sense of camaraderie.
- Opportunities for growth: Being surrounded by a supportive community can help you challenge yourself and try new things.
Tips for Planning Sober Group Trips
Now that you’re convinced of the benefits of traveling sober with a group, here are some reasons why you should leave the planning to a season travel agent -and fellow sober traveler:
- We choose destinations that cater to sober travelers and have plenty of non-alcoholic options.
- We plan activities that don’t revolve around drinking, such as sightseeing, outdoor adventures, or cultural experiences.
- We communicate openly and honestly with your group about our expectations and boundaries regarding alcohol.
- We are a supportive sober travel community, where you can connect with other travelers and find resources for planning a trip.
Give Yourself the Happy, Healthy Life You Deserve. Make your travels amazing! Follow these tips and you’ll have the vacation of a lifetime – no alcohol needed!
By Chrissy Gates, Sober Group Travel Advisor – Where is Chrissy Today? LLC affiliated with 1000 Mile Travel CST# 1018299-10