Some experts feel that the tour industry has changed more in the last year than in the last 10 years combined. Successful businesses must evolve. Red Hot Celebrations, the hybrid special events/travel trade model, embraces this notion and invites all travel professionals to join the network.
John Kotter in his book Our Iceberg is Melting lists the following steps to facilitate this evolution:
- Create a Sense of Urgency – The rate of change will not slow down.
- Pull Together a Guiding Team – Consider Red Hot Celebrations (including numerous special events and every major DMO in the country) as part of your team.
- Develop the Change Vision and Strategy – Clarify how the future will be different and how your company can make the future a reality.
- Communicate for Understanding and Buy In – Make sure your team understands the vision.
- Empower Others to Act – Remove barriers.
- Produce Short Term Wins – Visible success is huge – build on it.
- Don’t Let Up – Press harder and faster.
- Create a New Culture – The evolution of your company.
Good luck and please post your success stories on the Red Hot Celebrations Facebook page.