As we close the door on 2010 and usher in 2011, here are five reasons I believe the group travel industry is headed towards recovery:
- Group tours aren’t as “lame” as we once thought.
- Travel is reasonable. Hotel rates remain stable.
- As goes the stock market, so goes the group travel industry.
- New experiences await. New and enhanced attractions continue to entice travelers.
- There’s less competition for consumer marketing dollars. Drastic reductions in consumer spending means more is left over for travel, which is considered a necessity, not a luxury.
Check out the digital page-flip version below: