Visitors of all ages can take a virtual trip to Greece via new long-term exhibitions at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. Rare antiquities and actor interpreters will help bring history to life in Treasures of Ancient Greece, which looks at how the ideas of the ancient Greeks formed the basis of current practices in science, politics and medicine. Artifacts include a replica of the famed Antikythera mechanism (believed to be the world’s oldest analog computer), which predicted eclipses of the sun and moon in relation to major events like the ancient Olympics. Bronze ballots and a replica voting machine demonstrate how the world’s first democracy shaped the politics of today. Visitors can test their own speed in a virtual Olympic running event, and they may vote in an Athenian Assembly, create mosaic artwork and tell an ancient Greek story by creating a visual story on a special vase. Take Me There: Greece, one of the largest exhibitions on contemporary Greece ever mounted in the United States, is a travel adventure that lets families explore the country through food, music and dance, and home life. (childrensmuseum.org)
- NarroWay Inspires Greatness and VirtueAs the premier Christian theater of the South — and, in fact, one of the few Christian theater companies in the world — NarroWay Productions takes its role of creating wholesome entertainment that promotes life-changing experiences very seriously.
- Pennsylvania Bus Association: Creating a Sense of Community for 100 YearsThe bus travel industry celebrates the Pennsylvania Bus Association and its 100 uninterrupted years of dedicated public transportation and motorcoach tourism.
- Accent Travel Network Conference Visits Las Vegas and Laughlin, NevadaDiscover Nevada’s best-kept secret during the Inaugural Accent Travel Network Conference: Accent West hosted in Laughlin from May 8-12, 2023.
- Tour America’s Garden Capital, Chester County’s Brandywine ValleyTaste, tour and explore Chester County’s Brandywine Valley, the heart of America’s Garden Capital. Bask in botanical bliss at Longwood Gardens and wander among Wyeths at world-class museums.
- The Joys of Joplin Eating and DrinkingWhen you’re the hub of where four states (Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma and Missouri) come together, Joplin, or JOMO as locals lovingly call it, offers more than its fair share of fun things to do.