The hobby of collecting baseball cards is the focus of Shoebox Treasures, the newest permanent exhibit at the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. The interactive exhibit explores the history of trading cards, traces how the design of cards has evolved over the years and takes a deep dive into the passion behind collecting cards. One section is devoted to “error cards”—those that featured reversed photos, misspelled names or even incorrectly identified players. On display in “The Cards Your Mother Threw Away” are vertical files featuring more than 2,000 cards, which represents a mere one percent of the cards in the Hall of Fame’s collection. One station lets visitors pose for their own baseball card photo and email themselves a series of cards. The journey concludes with the “Holy Grails,” 10 cards that are among the rarest and most sought-after in the industry’s 140-year history. They include Honus Wagner’s famed T206 card from 1909, Babe Ruth’s 1916 Red Sox rookie card from the Sporting News, a 1949 Leaf Jackie Robinson card and a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle card. (baseballhall.org)
- NarroWay Inspires Greatness and VirtueAs the premier Christian theater of the South — and, in fact, one of the few Christian theater companies in the world — NarroWay Productions takes its role of creating wholesome entertainment that promotes life-changing experiences very seriously.
- Pennsylvania Bus Association: Creating a Sense of Community for 100 YearsThe bus travel industry celebrates the Pennsylvania Bus Association and its 100 uninterrupted years of dedicated public transportation and motorcoach tourism.
- Accent Travel Network Conference Visits Las Vegas and Laughlin, NevadaDiscover Nevada’s best-kept secret during the Inaugural Accent Travel Network Conference: Accent West hosted in Laughlin from May 8-12, 2023.
- Tour America’s Garden Capital, Chester County’s Brandywine ValleyTaste, tour and explore Chester County’s Brandywine Valley, the heart of America’s Garden Capital. Bask in botanical bliss at Longwood Gardens and wander among Wyeths at world-class museums.
- The Joys of Joplin Eating and DrinkingWhen you’re the hub of where four states (Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma and Missouri) come together, Joplin, or JOMO as locals lovingly call it, offers more than its fair share of fun things to do.