For adrenaline-seekers, Perthshire boasts some of the best waters for whitewater rafting in the UK. Another thrilling activity is sphering, a relative newcomer to the scene, which involves bouncing down hillsides inside a 12-foot inflatable ball. Also along the same lines as sphering are Zorbing and Hydrozorbing, both featured in the latest Great Escapades program. Zorbing accommodates two people, securely strapped inside a huge soft transparent plastic ball and sent hurtling down a hillside, while hydro-zorbing is when the ball is loaded with up to three people and 25 liters of water and rolled or more people. Situated on the edge of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, the Morfa Bay Activity Centre is located just half a mile from the famous Pendine Sands. The center welcomes groups and can tailor-make an inclusive package of outdoor adventure activities to include hill walking, archery, coasteering (a cross between scrambling along the coastline, cliff jumping, climbing and swimming), mountain biking, gorge walking, caving and sand yachting, which involves package, which includes the Challenge by Choice high ropes adventure course followed by a half-day at Thorp Perrow Arboretum and The Falcons of Thorp Perrow, where they will enjoy a flying display at the bird of prey center with lots of audience participation.
- How To Start A Travel Agency From HomeAre you a seasoned traveler looking for a challenge? Does your office job keep you from pursuing a life of adventure away from the dreary city? Why not combine your passion for travel with your day job by starting your own home-based travel agency and benefit from the deals and specials that are only available […]
- Back To Cruising Webinar with Costa Cruises
- Menorca Artisans Keep Traditional Craftsmanship AliveThe farming, footwear, fashion and handicraft industries tap into the resources and inspiration offered by the little Spanish island. In the west Mediterranean Sea, the Balearic Islands’ Menorca makes the most of its natural resources. And for being only about 30 miles long and 10 miles wide, it has a lot! This haven of coves […]
- Holland America Line’s Year-Long Anniversary CelebrationRather than wait until its 150th anniversary in 2023, Holland America Line decided to do kick off a year of special celebrations. A special transatlantic crossing of the Rotterdam departed on October 15 from Rotterdam, Netherlands. She arrived in New York City on October 26. Why this special sailing? The journey replicates Holland America’s very […]
- 4 Self-Care Destinations to Reset Your Body and MindThough self-care can be practiced nearly anywhere and incorporated into each day, sometimes what you really need is to get away from home and explore a new city or state. This is especially true if you’re feeling overly stressed, anxious, and burned out or experiencing other negative emotions such as resentfulness, sadness, or emptiness. Travel […]