October 2014 Leisure Group Travel
The Deep South takes center stage in the October 2014 issue of Leisure Group Travel as our writers target tour highlights in three group-friendly states.
Tag along with Associate Publisher Dave Bodle as he follows the Mississippi Blues Trail, a collection of museums, historical attractions and musical hotspots that showcase a distinctly American musical genre. Dave’s Mobile Bay story covers must-sees like Bellingrath Gardens & Home, Bragg-Mitchell Mansion, Battleship USS Alabama Memorial Park and the Mobile Carnival Museum with all its Mardi Gras paraphernalia. In “Vestiges of the Old South,” writer Vanessa Day takes us back to a bygone era with a look at antebellum plantation homes along the River Road in Louisiana—opulent showplaces like Oak Alley, Houmas House and San Francisco Plantation.
Our southern-clime coverage also includes a feature on Las Vegas, tucked in the southern tip of Nevada. Southernmost Spain is the setting for Managing Editor Randy Mink’s article on the port of Algeciras, a gateway to adventure on the Strait of Gibraltar.
Rounding out the destination coverage are two New England pieces—“Art Trails of Maine” and “New Hampshire’s Lake Region”—plus Staff Writer Lauren Reiniger’s report on group favorites in Indianapolis
In “Top Group-Friendly Hotels and Resorts,” Leisure Group Travel presents nine U.S. lodging properties your group will never want to leave. The selection ranges from waterfront resorts in Maryland and New Hampshire to villas in Florida and mountainside condos in the Tennessee Smokies.
Click on the Cover to Download
October 2014 Magazine Features
- Las Vegas Shows Entertain Tour Groups
- Journey Through Europe’s Reformation Musical Heritage
- Leap of Faith: New Travel Association Targets Religious Market
- Algeciras, Spain: Gateway to Discovery
- Banking on West Virginia
- Vestiges of the Old South
- Mississippi’s Got the Blues
- Discovering Mobile Bay
- Indianapolis Has It
- New Hampshire’s Lakes Region
- Art Trails of Maine
- Top Group-Friendly Hotels and Resorts
- Premier Travel Media: Architects of Great Experiences
- Hotels Aren’t Just for Sleeping
- A Good Sales Support Team Ensures Business Success