June 2016 Leisure Group Travel
Browse the Articles from this Edition
Itineraries in this Edition – Online at TourItineraries.com
- Fort Smith: A True Western Town
- Savannah: The Jewel of the South
- Virginia Beach: Live The Coastal Life
- Norfolk: Tall Ships, Entertainment & Food – Enjoy Norfolk’s Annual Harborfest®
- McHenry County: Boards, Bonbons and Brew
- Wisconsin Dells: Family Fun in “The Waterpark Capital of The World!®”
- Circle Wisconsin: Wisconsin Waterways
- Quincy Area: Curated Culinary & Shopping Tour
- Explore Minnesota: Discovering Southern Minnesota
- Central Nebraska: We’re All Seeing Cranes
- Chicago’s North Shore: Historic Jewels Along Lake Michigan
- Northwest Illinois: Expect The Unexpected Northwest Illinois Mystery Tour
- Oklahoma City: Best of Oklahoma City
- Cheyenne: The Old West Lives In Cheyenne
- Northeastern Nevada: Experience the Unexpected in Elko, Nevada
- Atlantic City: Free in AC
Just in time for summer vacation season, this “On the Water” issue of Leisure Group Travel celebrates watery pleasures in every region of the country. “Getting into Hot Water,” the cover story, showcases the hot springs resorts of western Colorado, with ideas for getaways to Glenwood Springs, Pagosa Springs, Steamboat Springs and other places that beckon travelers to soak in their mineral-rich pools.
The feature “7 Classic East Coast Resort Towns” singles out seven of the best from Maine to Maryland, including Bar Harbor, Hyannis, Rehoboth Beach and Ocean City. In “7 Southern Lakes Making a Splash with Groups,” Associate Publisher Dave Bodle talks about tours, attractions and recreational activities at favorites like Lake Murray in South Carolina and West Virginia’s Summerville Lake. Urban areas take center stage in “9 Midwest River Walks,” which mentions waterside promenades in cities from Cincinnati to Omaha. Each region also features a select list of sightseeing cruises that groups can easily incorporate into an itinerary, whether it’s a wildlife-watching excursion in Alaska or paddlewheeler on the Mississippi or Ohio.
Organizers of faith-based travel groups will be inspired by a number of ideas in June’s Leisure Group Travel. “Celebrating Everything Martin Luther,” written by Germany expert Don Heimburger, reports on the fanfare leading up to the 500th anniversary of the Reformation in 2017. Regina Tours President Nick Mancino, a veteran operator of tours for Catholic and Protestant groups, is profiled in our Take 5 interview. Also of interest to religious travel specialists is the feature on a brand new cruise line that offers its passengers hands-on opportunities to help villagers in the Dominican Republic.
The Iowa Tour Guide, a special section, spotlights the state’s cultural side as towns promote the 125th anniversary of the birth of Iowa native Grant Wood, best known for his iconic American Gothic. Along with sample itineraries suggested by the Iowa Group Travel Association, coverage includes a look at Iowa’s European ethnic communities and prime examples of must-see art and architecture around the state.