June 2014 Leisure Group Travel
June 2014 Magazine Features
June’s cover story spotlights the special Iowa Tour Guide section, a collection of articles with itinerary ideas on attractions, events and farm-to-table experiences throughout the state. One page features sample itineraries suggested by the Iowa Group Travel Association.
Also highlighting June’s Leisure Group Travel is the seventh annual Group Itinerary Planning Guide, which presents 34 sample itineraries submitted by CVBs and other tourism organizations. Divided into South, Midwest, West, Northeast and Canada, the planner provides day-by-day details on trips that tour organizers may wish to offer their groups. Destinations range from Niagara Falls and Atlantic City to the suburbs of Atlanta and Chicago.
Rail travel also takes center stage in the June issue. “Tracks Across Europe” focuses on the Continent’s high-speed trains and how Rail Europe’s group department works with tour planners to book tickets and arrange other services, including museum passes, metro cards, and airport and hotel transfers. “Best Scenic Rail Trips” looks at popular tourist trains like the Rocky Mountaineer, Mt. Washington Cog Railway and Alaska Railroad. A companion piece provides a glimpse of top sightseeing cruises around the U.S., from Mississippi River outings to tall-ship adventures in Virginia. Additional international coverage includes a look at the green spaces of Montreal, adventure travel in Australia and European river cruising with Patrick Clark, managing director of Avalon Waterways.
Click the Cover to Download
Features & Columns
- Revealing Study Spotlights the Rise in Adventure Tourism
- Australian Adventures
- Avalon’s Small Ships Make Big Ripples in Europe
- Tour Groups Make Tracks Across Europe
- Best Scenic Rail Trips
- Sightseeing Cruises Enhance Group Itineraries with a Nautical Twist
- Montreal Botanical Garden Provides a Breath of Fresh Air
- Jacksonville: More Than Beaches
- The Wild and Wonderful Sides of Charleston, West Virginia
- Winston-Salem Welcomes Groups Touring North Carolina
- Fargo: More Than Just a Slice of Hollywood
- DC Developments
- New Experiences Are Part of Life—and Vital to Keeping Travel Fresh
- Negotiate “Good Deals” For Your Group
- Sharpen Your Sales Skills by Becoming a Better Listener
Check Out The Flipbook Edition