Industry Forecast Edition
With the holidays in full swing and some big-time travel conferences coming up early next year, the December issue of Leisure Group Travel sets the stage for group travel planners with visions of sugar plums, Santa Claus and 2017 profits dancing in their heads.
The annual Industry Forecast Issue previews ABA’s Jan. 14-17 gathering in Cleveland and NTA’s Feb. 26-March 2 Travel Exchange in St. Louis, with suggestions on what delegates can see and in both cities. The feature “Has High Touch Gone High Tech?” looks at how technology companies are working to get the group travel industry up to speed with innovative solutions for online bookings. Also included in the Industry Forecast section are the results of Leisure Group Travel’s Group Intentions Survey, which paints a picture of today’s group travel landscape—see how your company compares. Jim Plaunt of Bike Tour Vacations is profiled in this edition’s Take Five interview.
For a heady dose of Christmas cheer, see the special section “Holiday Magic in Switzerland” and learn how Geneva, Lucerne, Zurich and Basel celebrate this festive time of year. The yuletide spirit also touches “Midwest Holiday Happenings,” a look at five towns that lure groups with festivals, lights displays and holiday shopping. Associate publisher Dave Bodle describes how nine Southern hotels ring in the season with lavish decorations and special activities and performances. And learn what the Tournament of Roses Parade has in store for groups touring Southern California during the holidays. Guest columnist Nancy Schretter, a nationally known family travel expert, offers suggestions on destinations conducive to multi-generational groups seeking a place to gather for a holiday getaway.
View the Digital Flipbook Version
Digital Edition Powered By
Features & Columns
- 9 Hotels for the Holidays
- Take 5 Interview: Jim Plaunt, Bike Tour Vacations
- Has High Touch Gone High Tech?
- Group Intentions Survey Results
- ABA, NTA Conference Previews
- Special Section: Holiday Magic in Switzerland
- America’s New Year’s Celebration
- South Dakota Highlights
- Midwest Holiday Happenings
- On My Mind: Goodies Inside…
- On Tour: Travelers Can Brighten the Holidays for Those in Need
- On Family Travel: Multi-generational Families Reunite Over the Holidays
- Pieces of the Past: Visit St. Augustine on Florida’s Historic Coast
- Hit the Heritage Trails in Fayetteville, North Carolina