Bigfoot Spotted in Branson, Missouri
Bigfoot on the Strip, a complete family entertainment center, has just opened on Highway 76 in the heart of Branson, Missouri’s entertainment district. It offers a variety of experiences, all themed around Bigfoot (yes … as in Sasquatch) and designed to appeal to all ages and abilities.
The $10-million project, the first family entertainment complex completely themed around the mystical creature of American folklore, features both indoor and outdoor activities, a food truck dining park and a visitor center with a Bigfoot “museum.”
Standing more than 200 feet tall, the Bigfoot Action Tower is now the highest point in Branson. The tower, which was designed by legendary ride inventor Stan Checketts and built by Soaring Eagle, features two new daring rides, one on each side. The Gravity Bomb, a free-fall ride, drops riders from a height of 200 feet using a state-of-the-art magnetic braking system that provides a smooth but breathtaking experience. The SuperSling, a two-person saddle ride, launches riders high into the air and then lets them tumble end over end as they descend back toward earth. Both rides are the first of their kind to open to the public.
Another first of its kind is the Bigfoot Discovery Expedition, on which guests join a Bigfoot research team and board safari trucks for a visit to Bigfoot Farms, just 10 minutes outside of Branson. Guests experience the true beauty of the Ozark Mountains in a far different setting than they’re likely to visit anywhere else on their Branson vacation, and they’re encouraged to keep an eye out for Bigfoot activity as they explore the working farm. The tour will take approximately one hour and 20 minutes, and guests will go off road and over rugged terrain that’s filled with plenty of twists and turns … and a few surprises that will likely keep them on the edge of their seats. It’s practically a guarantee that visitors will see a big, hairy beast on this trip. (Cameras and phones should be poised and ready for anything, though.) Bigfoot Discovery Expedition is family-friendly and suitable for all ages and abilities.
Bigfoot on the Strip, which is open every day and late into the night, is also home to:
• Bigfoot Adventure Golf, an 18-hole Bigfoot-themed golf adventure that challenges guests’ putting skills through Bigfoot’s woodlands, research lab and frozen tundra. The 18 holes include nine ADA-accessible stops.
• Yeti Fun Zone delivers varied challenges and obstacles to maze runners with its system of underground tunnels, a spiral slide and a Yeti treehouse. Participants race through the twisting, multi-level maze to find four checkpoints while avoiding Bigfoot, then have the option of using a traditional exit or – for the incredibly daring – taking a leap from Monkey Jump at the top of a timber frame tower.
• Bigfoot’s 8Di Leadslinger Cinema allows guests to participate in a totally immersive 8D interactive gaming experience. Players in the 14-seat cinema put on 3D glasses, hop on an off-road mini bike, grab a gun, and help Bigfoot escape from corporate scientists. “Riders” feel the rumble, hear the roars and are totally immersed in the action; instead of just watching a movie, they’re actually a part of it.
• Bigfoot Arcade features the area’s newest and most state-of-the-art games with the most unique prizes in the area, including rare items and collectibles.
• Bigfoot Food Truck Dining Park is Branson’s first food truck park. Guests can enjoy delicious food selections from savory to sweet (barbecue, pizza and desserts!) while sitting on the patio and watching the excitement of the surrounding attractions.
About Bigfoot on the Strip
Bigfoot on the Strip is owned by Darrell Henley, Emma Hamilton and Matt Cook. Partners Henley and Hamilton were co-founders of several of Branson’s successful attractions, including Parakeet Pete’s Waterfront Zipline, Parakeet Pete’s Steampunk Balloon, and Fast Shot Shooting Gallery. Partners Henley and Cook co-founded Vacations Made Easy, which has been providing online access to attraction tickets to destinations across North America for more than 20 years.
For more information, visit www.bransonbigfoot.com.