History & Heritage Issue
History, theatrical entertainment and Southern destinations dominate the pages of the April 2018 issue of Leisure Group Travel Magazine.“A Guide to Historic Sites” singles out eight great places that offer important heritage attractions, while “A Guide to Group-Friendly Theaters” provides options that range from top dinner venues to Shakespeare and Disney.
The opening South Region story, “Significant Sites on the U.S. Civil Rights Trail,” covers 10 states. Southern coverage continues with Arkansas pages spotlighting the state’s History & Heritage Trail, Native American attractions and civil rights sites.
The Virginia section takes a historical slant, with articles covering Virginia’s Historic Triangle (Jamestown, Williamsburg and Yorktown), Civil War battlefields and musical heritage along the Crooked Road. Additionally, readers also get a preview of American Evolution 2019 commemorations that mark the 400th anniversary of four events that impacted our nation’s beginning. Music and historical themes also work their way into the Louisiana section, which starts out with a feature on New Orleans Plantation Country.
Revolutionary history flavors the Philadelphia section, which includes a story on the new Museum of the American Revolution. Rounding out the issue are “Cowboy Culture is Alive and Kickin’,” “5 Delightful Midwest Towns” and “Residences of Royal London.”
Request Information From Suppliers in This Edition
View the Digital Flipbook
Manage Your Subscription
Comments About This Edition?
Click the Cover Below to Download the Latest Edition
Features and Columns
- A Guide to Group-Friendly Theaters
- A Guide to Historic Sites
- Cowboy Culture is Alive and Kickin’
- Philadelphia: Lessons in Liberty
- Museum of the American Revolution
- 6 Historic Philadelphia Churches
- Significant Sites on the U.S. Civil Rights Trail
- Virginia’s Historic Triangle
- American Evolution 2019
- War Between the States: Virginia Battlefields
- Musical Heritage on the Crooked Road
- New Orleans Plantation Country
- Northwest Louisiana’s Boom or Bust Highway
- Boogie at Louisiana’s Music Venues
- Arkansas History & Heritage Trail
- Human Rights Sites in Arkansas
- Arkansas’ Native American Past
- 5 Delightful Midwest Towns
- Residences of Royal London
- On My Mind: Business Down? Turn Inbound!
- On Tour: 12 Magical Features of a Tour