Welcome to Switzerland
Arrive in Switzerland and press the “off” button. Breathe the crisp, clean air. Marvel at the majestic mountain panoramas from Mount Pilatus near Lucerne. Don’t just say cheese, but make cheese with a local cheese maker. Explore nature’s stunning beauty from a train or boat, on a hike, on skis or on a bike. Now you know why the Swiss are one of the happiest people in the world.
Take a stroll through the medieval Old Town of Zurich to the lake or river. Visit the cathedral of St. Gallen and take a guided tour in a museum—filled with art, not with other visitors. While small on a global scale, Swiss cities score with history and traditions, world-class art and quality of life packed into a compact area. Your groups will enjoy these and similar experiences throughout Switzerland.
“Nature wants you back” is our campaign theme. Wherever your groups are in Switzerland, they will have beautiful vistas of the Swiss Alps and countryside.
At Switzerland Tourism, group travel is very important to us, and we’re excited to partner with Leisure Group Travel on this Switzerland Tour Guide. In the guide we present ideas for faith-based groups, train enthusiasts, winter visitors and hikers/bikers.
We’re here to support you, the group leader, in creating and selling your programs. We offer you an e-learning program, Switzerland Academy, with various modules depending on your specialty, bi-weekly webinars, study trips, maps and brochures, and many other programs to support the travel trade.
Switzerland is very popular in North America—when it comes to Americans and Canadians visiting Switzerland, 2017 was the second best year in over 25 years. Thank you for your help in promoting Switzerland and bringing your groups to our beautiful country.
We can promise that your group’s tour will run as precisely as a Swiss watch and as smoothly a Swiss train, and it will be as fun-filled as dipping your fork into a pot of fondue. Your travelers certainly won’t be disappointed.
Welcome to Switzerland!
Alex Herrmann Director Americas, Switzerland Tourism
Click the Cover to Download
Features & Itineraries
- Lucerne and Its Great Churches – Discover impressive churches and strong religious roots in this beautiful lake city
- St. Gallen Inspires the Faithful – The Abbey District preserves a rich religious heritage dating back centuries
- Zurich and the Reformation – Landmarks recall the city’s role in a religious upheaval that spread across Europe
- Switzerland by Rail – Classic train routes through the Alps spotlight the best scenery in Europe
- 6 Reasons the Efficient Transportation Network has Groups Falling in Love with Switzerland
- Hiking and Biking Trails Showcase Switzerland’s Charming Countryside
- Christmas Markets – Switzerland is at its cozy best during the festive Advent season
- Dream Winter Destination – Skiing and other snow sports beckon active groups to the Swiss Alps