2017 June Leisure Group Travel
On the Water Issue
The June issue of Leisure Group Travel dips its toe into the world of lakes, rivers and coastal waterways, with coverage of cruises and water sports in destinations as diverse Hungary and Iowa.
In “Dinner and a Cruise,” associate publisher Dave Bodle singles out six dinner cruises in the South that will whet the appetites of group travel planners. On the international front, managing editor Randy Mink describes Danube River ports visited on a week-long luxury cruise to Eastern Europe.
In our Central Region feature, staff writer Miles Dobis looks at six overlooked Great Lakes towns from Minnesota to Ohio. New York State’s Finger Lakes is a vacationland rich in history, culinary traditions and wine culture, writes Randy Mink in our East Region feature. In the West we spotlight the Colorado River in Utah, Arizona and Nevada. The “On the Water” theme extends to the Iowa Tour Guide, a special 12-page section that includes “Making a Big Splash in Iowa,” which touches on lake resorts and Mississippi river cruising.
Other special sections in the June issue target Central Europe. “Switzerland, City-Style” provides enticing ideas for crafting day itineraries in Basel, Lucerne and Zurich. The section on Thuringia, right in the center of Germany, takes note of the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, focusing on sites related to Martin Luther, the great reformer.
Features & Columns
- Take 5 Interview: Brandon and Stephanie Zarbo of We Must Dash
- Circle Wisconsin’s Midwest Marketplace
- Thuringia, Germany
- Switzerland, City-Style
- Sampling Europe’s ‘Far East’
- Six Great Lakes Towns
- Iowa Tour Guide
- Southern Dinner Cruises
- New York’s Finger Lakes
- Exploring the Colorado River
- On My Mind: Just Swing
- On Tour: In A Rut?
- Norfolk, Virginia – Naval History & Patriotic Pride
- Savannah, Georgia – Hip & Historic
- Ithaca, New York – The “Gorges” Ithaca Experience
- McHenry County, Illinois – History, Brews & Amazing Views
- Northwest Illinois – Mystery Tour
- Chicago’s North Shore – Historic Jewels Along Lake Michigan
- Circle Wisconsin – Experience All Wisconsin Has to Offer
- Lake County, Illinois: A Chocolate Lovers Trail
- Virginia Beach – Coastal Culture
- Hilliard, Ohio – Where Classic Televisions Retire and Good Memories Never Expire